On average, a person can expect to lose 5 to 10 percent of total body weight after surgery. To infuse the body with calories and nutrition, consider protein first. Protein is needed to repair tissue, slow muscle loss and decrease the inflammatory phase. Post-operative protein requirements range from 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.Check out this lovely high protein recipe we at A-1 Home Care love!
Healthy Tuna Salad:
- 2 can(s) (5 ounces each) chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 medium (4- to 6-ounce) red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, celery, carrot, red pepper, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
To hire a compassionate caregiver today, CALL us at 949-650-3800.